Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from PRTB for susi grant-independent residency help!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I need help, I am applying for a grant under independent residency and I am going to use a letter from the PRTB but im not sure what information is needed on the letter? (my landlord is getting in contact with them so he wants to know what to ask for) if anyone can help?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

A letter from the PRTB in relation to his property being registered for rental, along with your contract would suffice as independent residence as long as you met all other criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Student102

Thanks sup08, I don't have a contract as my landlord never drafted one. I have sent in loads of official documents with my address but have no bills only an internet one (which is not fixed). is there anything else I can send?

If your landlord has not drafted a contract then you should have a least evidence of rents being paid. If your landlord is not registered with the PRTB then you may not be able to get enough evidence.

Remember, your documents must be from 31st October of the year prior to your year of entry into higher education.

What year have you entered college?
    What year are you in?
    When did you start to live independently?

Would a rent book suffice? He has told me he is registered with prtb. I am doing a postgrad this year (having been out of college for 3 years) i started living independently last May but finding it very hard to get any official evidence as I didn't think to put everything into my name at the time!

I would say a rent book and a letter from the PRTB stating that your landlord is registered should suffice as long as it covers the periods through the 31st October 2015.

• Advertisement

Thanks sup08 :)

Well as long as you meet all the other criteria and seeing as they have only asked for the letter from the PRTB, then they should be satisfied once the letter is submitted.

Best of luck with your studies.

Does anybody know do you just ring the PRTB and they send the letter or is it your landlord that drafts the letter with his registration number?

Advertisement