Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audi A5, 26 years old, who will quote me?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Just returned from the UK where I was paying around 1050 euro for fully comprehensive insurance. I brought the coupe back with me and I now wonder if that was a smart move.

Tried a few companies.
    Aviva refused quote online and provided circa 1,900 over the phone.
    Liberty refusing online and over phone, must be over 30 apparently :eek:
    AA, 1900 also.

Of course, the ridiculous old scenario of adding several women as named drivers helps :confused:

Clean license, 3 years NCD, several more years as named driver.

Anyone able to point me in the right insurance companies direction?

😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Try a broker,
    They are usually cheaper.

MunsterGroup in Ennis is the one I use mostly and lot of people I know use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Only 3 years ncb and under 30? I'd be happy with aviva price if I were you. For most cars around 2000cc with full bonus you'd probably average 1k.

Best chance for lower price would be xs direct. But with a 3k excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

the quotes for 1900 are quite good, This is Ireland you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Skatedude wrote: »
    the quotes for 1900 are quite good, This is Ireland you know.

True. Interesting chat on Q102 this evening about insurance in Ireland. Much of the issue it seems is down to Ireland not having fixed sums for compensation. Other countries define a broke leg as costing X where as Ireland relies on the mood of a judge.

In ways it is a reality check but sad that people are responding to say the quotes I got are "good". People become accustomed to being ripped off.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Will try a few brokers i think

😎

• Advertisement
Advertisement