Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osteoarthritis-any treatment apart from drugs?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

i know osteoarthritis is irreversible, but has anyone found a treatment (other than drugs) that helps?
    an elderly neighbour has it in both his knees, and is in awful pain and can barely walk (needs at least one walking stick) he's on enough drugs for one thing or another.

any other treatments? i've heard turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties but its probably too late to be taking it?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There are a lot of alternative treatments and then some more myths on top of that and i'm afraid it's beyond the scope of this forum. Your neighbour could engage with gp and peers to discuss options as we can't give advice here..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement