Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Dublin shops stocking chinese android phones?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 10:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Any sell them here in store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Without sounding smart - you could try the little Asian phone accessory places. Bear in mind they will add in to allow for duty and will add in to make a few quid. There are lads selling on Adverts that may have what you are looking for and the same applies regarding price.

You could end up paying over the odds for what you are looking for. If there is a particular model you are looking for, you could get it on Amazon/Ebay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

try :

gearbest.com
    Aliexpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

try :

gearbest.com
    Aliexpress.com

Thats the complete opposite of what the OP is asking...

ED E wrote: »
    Thats the complete opposite of what the OP is asking...

No need to be a smart arse mate, the previous poster suggested ebay or amazon. when was the last time you walked into one of their shops !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just looking for a good bang for buck phone with good memory performance

• Advertisement

Gearbest also do the branded phones. Its a good place to start. Read the spec and reviews and happy hunting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dont want to be waiting ages tho

Usual wait time is about 2-3 weeks......as far as I know, there are no shops like that , however I was in Moore Street in Dublin a few months back and there is a shopping centre their called '' Moore Street Mall'' there was a few shops selling phones and tablets and was run by some Asian guys. They sold all types of Gadgets and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have a look around www.kimovil.com - You'll get a good idea of phones.

As for waiting 2-3 weeks - this is not always the case. Some websites give the option for quicker shipping with DHL etc - obviously you'd have to pay extra for this. The last phone I got was from Amazon. I'd done my research and bought and had it in my hand in 2 days. It was a Ulefone Power. You wont get all Chinese phones available to you on there but you might get lucky if you know what you are looking for.

One thing about these Chinese branded phones - Because there are so many brands and models available - shops - even the side street ones, wont take a punt on stocking them as they can be upgraded or superseded by newer models quite quickly so getting to see them up close aint really an option unless you are on holidays out in the far east.

Advertisement