Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cs350 DIY wiring help

Options
  • 01-09-2016 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello there,
    I'm looking for some help with figuring out the wiring for the sensors on a CS350.
    I was given the system for nothing and want to install it in my house. I haven't installed an alarm before and would have only fairly standard electrical knowledge (I can wire a plug, change a wall socket etc.). I have installed a free to air satellite system in the house with connections running to every room so cabling aint a problem. I have tried to find answers online for the last few days but it's all starting to blend into one big ball of jargon now in my head so I've come on here looking for advice. :)

What I have: One CS350 main board, 1 battery unit, 3 keypads, 5 sensors (which I believe are contact and shock sensors? Pics below). A roll of 6 core cable. A can-do attitude! ;)

What I'd like to do: Put a keypad at the back door, the front door and on the middle landing (I live in a 3 storey house), install the main board in an out of the way place. Put a sensor on the front door, bathroom window (both front of house), the back door, kitchen window and 1st floor bedroom (all back of house)

At the moment I'm trying to get the system up and running on my kitchen table before I start all the cabling and installing.
    I've managed to setup the 3 keypads on the system. Each one seems to be running fine and identifies as a separate keypad on the system. They all seem to be able to change system settings and the wiring for them was fairly easy. I've just looped them onto one another (daisy-chain) and changed the dip-switches. I've left all of the (I assume) 4k7 resistors? on the board.
    The battery was just a matter of plugging into the on-board cables which leaves the sensors and here's where I run into problems and need help.

I've attached photo's to show exactly what I'm dealing with and seeing, I'll try to explain as best I can.
    I assumed from what I've read on here and elsewhere that it didn't matter what colour wires from the 6 core I used on the sensor as long as I used the same colour on the other end (on the main board). I used the black and blue wires to connect Zone 1, (numbers 31 and 32) on the main board, to the two connections marked sensor on the sensor unit. (The sensor unit has 6 connections, 2 marked sensor, 2 marked reed/spare and 2 marked tamper). I then used the yellow and red wires to connect the tamper on the sensor to connect with the tamper connections on the main board (numbers 18 and 19). I then went into the software settings of the main board using the keypad and setup the system so that only 1 zone was being used (Zone 1). The system seemed to see the sensor to an extent, as in it kept giving me an error message about the zone being open. I don't know how I managed to stop it doing that but I did and I could get the system to arm itself and disarm itself via the keypad codes. However when I moved the small magnet contact away from the sensor there was no reaction from the system. No alarm was triggered. Leaving the small magnet away from the sensor didn't stop the unit from arming and disarming so I assume I've done something wrong and the only conclusion I can think of is that I've wired the sensor wrong.
    If you're still with me so far, (thanks for your patience! ;).), what I'm hoping you can do for me is send me a diagram of how the sensors should be wired to the main board. I know that I have enough zones (6) to dedicate a zone to each of the doors/windows I wish to alarm so I shouldn't need to worry about doing the same with the sensors as I did with the keypads, as in join them all together (daisy-chain), except in one case, the back door/kitchen window and that would only be to save cable. Should I take off the resistors? Leave some? Hit it with a hammer and hope for the best?
    Please bear in mind that I am completely new at this so step by step instructions with small words will work best for me. Also I've seen some of the wiring diagrams on here and I couldn't make head nor tail of them :). Feel free to ask for more info and I'll do my best to furnish it. :)

thanks
    Jim

[Sensor Internal]34t7ihu.jpg[/IMG]
    [Sensor and magnet]555ljk.jpg[/IMG]
    [Sensor and magnet rear]15o85d2.jpg
    [Mainboard with power, resistors and keypads installed]2j3myae.jpg
    [Second pic of mainboard]11imji9.jpg
    [Third pic of mainboard]108e1hy.jpg

Advertisement