Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speed Camera Sign but no Fixed Camera in Sight

• 31-08-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I have just began driving here in Limerick and slightly confused as in Dooradoyle I have spotted 2 signs with the camera symbol on them, indicating that there is a speeding camera nearby however as I was stopped at the lights, had a good look around but spotted non whatsoever.

Are these cheap scare tactics or are the signs meant for mobile speeding units which pop up once a day?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Hi All,

I have just began driving here in Limerick and slightly confused as in Dooradoyle I have spotted 2 signs with the camera symbol on them, indicating that there is a speeding camera nearby however as I was stopped at the lights, had a good look around but spotted non whatsoever.

Are these cheap scare tactics or are the signs meant for mobile speeding units which pop up once a day?

Thanks

These signs indicate a speed camera zone that GoSafe vans may operate in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

There is absolutely no safe place on that road, between the Crescent and Raheen Church which is the area zoned, to put a speed van. Theres a bike lane on the left going out of town and a bus lane on the side going into town. Stupid idea altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

They're all over the country for years lad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

LB6 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no safe place on that road, between the Crescent and Raheen Church which is the area zoned, to put a speed van. Theres a bike lane on the left going out of town and a bus lane on the side going into town. Stupid idea altogether.

They are quite happy to set up a van on Mulgrave street at 6am (before it gets filled with parked cars), so no reason why they can't do the same just before the old "Tom Kilroy's" Maxol in the early hours.

Having said that, the regulations changed recently with regard to the GoSafe Zones. Previously they only operated in areas where there was a history of severe 'accidents', now they have expanded this to any area where even small incidents have occurred.
    As these Zones are usualy decided by a central office (with a bit of local input) I'm sure there are lots of places, similar to Dooradoyle, which have been designated as GoSafe Zones.....but without any thought as to where the Vans might actually park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement