Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking grapes in France

Options
  • 31-08-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I'm going picking grapes in France. I have no work lined up and my French isn't good and maybe these plus the tardiness of this planning should dissuade me.
    So far it hasn't. You see I need to earn a few bob.
    has anyone got any advice or suggestions? I've never done it before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

octohere wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm going picking grapes in France. I have no work lined up and my French isn't good and maybe these plus the tardiness of this planning should dissuade me.
    So far it hasn't. You see I need to earn a few bob.
    has anyone got any advice or suggestions? I've never done it before

it's hard work but great fun. Hope you like wine cause you'll be drinking a fair bit!!:P

bring some plasters and band aids and antiseptic because you will cut yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

What octohere said - it's physical, don't do it if you have a bad back. I also recommend blister pads. But if you like wine, it's a fun way to earn a few euros and learn french.

Advertisement