Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stress, cortisol test, treatment

Options
  • 31-08-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello. To cut a very long story short I am struggling ++with stress, low energy, and anxiety. I'm very aware of my moods and have done a lot if cbt, psychotherapy , I do yoga and relaxation regularly and sleep well. I've been treated with ssri for anxiety but no significant improvement. I have a busy and sometimes stressful life but theatres and anxiety I feel seemingly be far in excess of my situation!

At this point I'm wondering if there is a problem with my adrenal system, e.g. cortisol levels. Recent blood tests were clear but from my research and other posts this seems to be common despite further tests revealing an issue. Has anyone had this type of experience and can you recommend a medical professional for assessment and treatment? What does the treatment usually involve? Im based in Galway but would travel.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Unfortunately this is beyond the scope of this forum as you are seeking complicated advice, perhaps bring everything you currently have to a gp for review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement