Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Energy Efficiency Obligation Scheme - consultation - EVs to be worked in?

Options
  • 31-08-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

I see that SEAI / Department of Communicationjs, Climate Action & Environment are opening up for public consultation about their (our?) 2017-2019 Energy Efficiency Obligation Scheme:

http://dccae.gov.ie/energy/en-ie/Pages/Consultation/Energy-Efficiency-Obligation-Scheme-Consultation-on-the-2017-2019-Phase-of-Operation.aspx

I had a quick read of the doc (need to put some more time into it to properly comment) but it seems (again, based on my quick reading) that they are targeting energy savings for the country principally in terms of kWh consumed for electricity & gas.

I think this may be against what is sensible for the special interest of this boards.ie forum, as:

1. ICE Fuel (be that diesel or petrol) should be considered energy consumed for the country
    2. if there is a shift from ICE to EVs, there should be expected an increase in electrical kWh consumed.

One of the questions they specifically ask is should the scope of the scheme be expanded to include transport, in fairness - any other comments to make?

I also think we'll see more and more about energy poverty among transport users in future...as low to middle earners are priced out of living close to places like DUblin...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved from Electric Vehicles section by suggestion of OP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The EEOS is designed to obligate energy supplier achieve energy savings via energy efficiency programmes with businesses and consumers.
    Transport is dealt with via other (albeit not very successful) policy instruments so no real need for it to be included.

Advertisement