Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dansette Capri record player

• 31-08-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi I picked up a record player in a bin at the local recycling centre, it's the same as the picture below without the legs, I love the look of it and would like to see if I can get it working, any info about the model or parts would be much appreciated, it looks like it may need a needle maybe, I'm bit sure I'm new to vinyl/records, I think it's from the 60s, am I right in saying only 45 type records will work and not general vinyl from the 70s/80s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

minzabud wrote: »
    Hi I picked up a record player in a bin at the local recycling centre, it's the same as the picture below without the legs, I love the look of it and would like to see if I can get it working, any info about the model or parts would be much appreciated, it looks like it may need a needle maybe, I'm bit sure I'm new to vinyl/records, I think it's from the 60s, am I right in saying only 45 type records will work and not general vinyl from the 70s/80s?

It will most likely play 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm. There's a music shop on Chapel St, the liffey end, which might stock the stylus you need. If not head for the internet. Don't expect too much from this.. it was dumped for a reason. I had a similar one as a kid in the 70s and even then I knew it was sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

As above. Kinda nice in a kitschy object kinda way. Would look cool in the corner of the right cafe. Not really worth repairing, unless you're just into the challenge. Will sound a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Thanks for the replies, I picked up a couple of vinyls and gave it a go and it works with no issues so im happy out, got a new one for a family member at xmas for over a hundred Euro and it needed additional speakers but the volume is decent enough so will make use of it for the odd album.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Well this was short lived, house was robbed this morning and the record player taken! If anybody sees one up for sale pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

FFS!

• Advertisement
Advertisement