Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 Beta

Options
  • 31-08-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Whose playing it? and what are you thinking so far?

do you think you will buy the game based on what you have played so far and seen in the beta?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

I like it, big improvement on the visual side. I like the way you can climb you on ledges and walls now. Where is best to preorder it. I want a physical copy ? any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

not sure where to get it for as I would rather the digital copy if I am to buy it.

but i'm sure gamestop or any other game retailer will have it or order a copy in maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Was going to try Amazon, but might drop into gamestop today and see what there offering with the pre-order.
    The beta is good, the tanks seem very powerfull and the sniper rifle seems extremely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote:
    Who got in? and what are you thinking so far?

It's a open beta from today onwards

Insiders only got a day extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

dunworth1 wrote: »
    It's a open beta from today onwards

Insiders only got a day extra

updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

Its pissing me off that poodle corp are taking down the servers. I was hyped to see if my new gaming laptop could run it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Voide wrote:
    Its pissing me off that poodle corp are taking down the servers. I was hyped to see if my new gaming laptop could run it :/

Same here i always wonder what they get out of it.

Based on what I've played so far I'll be preordering anyway it's not perfect but it's very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Installed game. Forced to update otherwise fine graphics drivers. Get generic "unable to connect to EA servers" message, along with a generic link suggesting the issue is my account is banned or I have connection issues. Remember why I hate EA. Uninstall game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

MOH wrote: »
    Installed game. Forced to update otherwise fine graphics drivers. Get generic "unable to connect to EA servers" message, along with a generic link suggesting the issue is my account is banned or I have connection issues. Remember why I hate EA. Uninstall game.

It's down because poodle Corp was dosing the servers

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I tried it for a few hours. Horses op, tanks op, WTF is with the train? Snipers all over the map. Spawn die, spawn die, Went back to BF3.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Meh played a few more games and it's nothing special.

The beta has put me off just like it did with Battlefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I love it, blends all recent improvements in a WW1 era game.

Definite buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I thought it was only ok really,as said before the balance feels way off with the vehicles/horses though.

Not gonna be a day one for me,may wait and see how it is on release before making up my mind.

It might be that im just a bit jaded of the Battlefield series at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I hate the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I was really looking forward to the alpha map.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hardcore mode is where this game will shine imo, hate unloading a clip into someone only to then get killed by them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

hardcore mode is where this game will shine imo, hate unloading a clip into someone only to then get killed by them
    There is no way I am playing hardcore mode with all those snipers out there :p

They will most likely gravitate towards hardcore which will make normal mode better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There is no way I am playing hardcore mode with all those snipers out there :p

They will most likely gravitate towards hardcore which will make normal mode better IMO.

Most hardcore severs will have class limits on snipers.

Advertisement