Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signet 100 PSTN Module Question

Options
  • 30-08-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I have a PSTN module attached to my signet 100 that previously used to send me texts when the alarm went off. Since Eir discontinued the POTS based SMS service, I no longer get these notifications.
    Is there any other way notifications can be sent through to me, without changing it out for a GSM module?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

BobTheBeat wrote: »
    I have a PSTN module attached to my signet 100 that previously used to send me texts when the alarm went off. Since Eir discontinued the POTS based SMS service, I no longer get these notifications.
    Is there any other way notifications can be sent through to me, without changing it out for a GSM module?

Not that I have found to work. You could add a voice dialler or upgrade the PCB for an SPC 4320 IP panel to get app control & email alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Thanks a lot for confirming. New board as you say or picking up a GSM module, are probably the most realistic options at this stage.
    Out of curiosity, where would be the best place to pick up a module, and at what cost typically?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at any of the suppliers in the sticky. Where are you located?
    We don't really go into prices here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

KoolKid wrote: »
    Take a look at any of the suppliers in the sticky. Where are you located?
    We don't really go into prices here.

Understood, I'm in Co.Clare. I'll check the sticky out to see.

Advertisement