Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold macbook just wondering about details

Options
  • 30-08-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I sold my macbook today and cos it was a rush I didn't have time to format it. I made a new account specifically to show the buyer it all worked and stuff, and I deleted the account with information on it, like videos and pictures and card details and stuff, it was in the process of deleting when I sold it.

That should be alright shouldn't it? To make sure no card details or nothing leak from it. There was no card details at all on the dummy account I made and that account with information on it was password protected anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stuff in the keyring should be pretty safe. You files (Pictures etc) could very easily be restored though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

That's fine as long as card details and the like are safe. I imagine the buyer will format it anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You should have at very least formatted the drive. I would think it's unwise to sell a laptop after merely deleting the files by removing the user account. That being said, you should be fine, I would doubt the buyer would have any interest in your files.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It was a super rushed thing and I didn't have time to think about being smart.

I was gonna format it, but I was already messed around by 3 other buyers and then it was just like, someone is finally gonna buy it lets go etc.

Advertisement