Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misunderstood application and have to re apply. Help!

Options
  • 30-08-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I completed my SUSI application last month as a mature independent student with a little confusion, but no real problems.

I then received my letter requesting documentation relating to my application. This was fine until I read the much clearer explanation of what qualifies me as a mature independent student. On the initial application it seems that you are eligible if you were living independently as of October 2015, which I was. However I had since temporarily moved home for a couple of months and didn't realise that this was going to effect my application.

I have been emailing SUSI and was told that I now have to cancel my initial application at this late stage and re apply just so they can change my application to that of a mature dependent student!

I am very nervous as I can't get a straight answer off of them and I can't find out if this will make serious delays in my application being processed, to the point where I wont be able to attend classes.. or Whether I will get it at all now!

If any of you have experience with a similar situation please help me out because I'm freaking out a little bit! Thanks!

Adam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

you will now have to apply as a mature dependent student...so the income that will be looked at is that of your mam dad and your income

the income threshold for 100% maintenance grant is €39875 so if you are looking for this the families income will have to be under amount

the maximum you can be under for any type of grant is €54,240 so you need to figure out what your family income is now and take it from there

apply immediately do not leave it any longer and get the process going again, yes there will be a delay but colleges dont come looking for student contribution for a while so you can still attend college etc, but try figure out what your "family income" is now as its not just your income but your parents that is being taken into account

Advertisement