Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best diagnostic tool to buy?

Options
  • 30-08-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

i have a 07 hilux 2.5 i was thinking of buying a diagnostic tool for it .but there is a lot of them on the market and was wondering does anyone know which is the best one to buy .
    need to be able to diagnose injector pressure..airbag etc
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I have a chines clone of a DS150e.
    The software that is most commonly available for it seems very good for BMW, VW etc. But it's not a whole lot better than a bluetooth OBD dongle for 10 year old Japanese stuff. So I wouldn't recommend one of them for your use. (Well the fully legit version is probably better, but serious moola)

the bluetooth obd with the torque app is ok ,
    I dont think you can do airbags with any odb dongles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

the bluetooth obd with the torque app is ok ,
    I dont think you can do airbags with any odb dongles

Or clear / relearn adaptions etc.
    Or activate brakes etc.

A bluetooth elm27 dongle is obviously not what the op is looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 grep4

thanks guys for taking the time to post..not to sure where it gets me though..had not looked at dongles as i did not understand how they worked do they connect with computer and you download software onto computer that comes with it ?? had been looking more at launch creeder...icarsoft.. autoboss.. handheld plugins ..some are priced at 50..80 euro and up to 300 dont know what the difference between the cheaper and more expensive is ...ideally if i was going buy would like to cover engine gearbox and body but i dont want to end up with something that is very complex and expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

grep4 wrote: »
    i have a 07 hilux 2.5 i was thinking of buying a diagnostic tool for it .but there is a lot of them on the market and was wondering does anyone know which is the best one to buy .
    need to be able to diagnose injector pressure..airbag etc

I recently got this http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/autel-maxidiag-elite-md802-vehicle-diagnostic-tool.html

Great tool. It has turned off airbag lights etc on 161 VW Transporter. Free updates for a year. There are two versions of it one is for 4 systems the one I got is for All systems. The latter being the better of the two as it scans every module in the vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Buffman

alta stare wrote: »
    I recently got this http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/autel-maxidiag-elite-md802-vehicle-diagnostic-tool.html

Great tool. It has turned off airbag lights etc on 161 VW Transporter. Free updates for a year. There are two versions of it one is for 4 systems the one I got is for All systems. The latter being the better of the two as it scans every module in the vehicle.

I was just about to recommend the Autel aswell. It does everything and is simple to use, my one paid for itself pretty quickly in the end.

Good value on Amazon at £143, or they're on Donedeal for €220 if you need one faster.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 grep4

cheers thanks alta stare... will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

grep4 wrote: »
    cheers thanks alta stare... will check it out

No worries :) I find it a great tool an it pays for itself when buying cars as it can scan for any hidden codes etc it saved my sister from getting stung a while ago.

I bought it from the company I linked as there are too many clones out there on eBay etc so it was worth paying the 315 in total.

Advertisement