Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up ip cam on tp link mr3420

Options
  • 30-08-2016 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi i am looking for help setting up a ip cam on this router with a 3 sim. Have 3 blocked port 80 as cam uses port 80 cam software finds cam but wont connect to it it seems to timeout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

From my own past testing, Three does not block incoming port 80 when a public IP address is assigned.

Have a check at the router's status to see what public IP address has been assigned. If it starts with '10.x.x.x' or '100.x.x.x', then it is a carrier grade NAT IP address, which will not accept any incoming connections.

Check APN setting on your router, it should be '3internet'. If the APN is already set to '3internet' and you are getting an IP address that starts with 10 or 100, try rebooting the router.

It's also worth checking if the IP cam uses any other port. For example, some may use two ports such as the standard http port 80 for the web interface and another port for streaming the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Ok thanks for the help i have 2 ip cams i was able to get the first one going by setting the same web address as router but change the port on router from 80 to 85 so first cam could use port 80 . If i was able to change web address of second cam to make it the same as router it would work but i cant find a way to do this Ip cam scanner helped me by telling me that both router & cam should have same web address but different ports.
    Capture%202.jpg

web address of cam i want to get working Like you said ending in 100 . Can i change it somehow or use its mac address to connect online to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

As the web interface of both cameras is likely the same, I'm fairly sure you can leave the http port # set to 80 for both cameras. In this case, you can leave port 80 forwarded to one of the cameras.

The RTSP port should be different for both cameras as this carries the actual video stream. In this case, forward the port # to the respective camera IP addresses on your router. E.g. forward port 10554 to 192.168.0.10 (going by your screenshot) and if your other IP Camera has the IP address 192.168.0.11 and RTSP port # 10555, then forward port 10555 to 192.168.0.11 on the router.

The web address i have set @ 192.168.1.1 for working cam & tp link router the usb modem i am using with it is ZTF MF823 which has a very good interface for making change's.

JUST TO LET everyone know i am now sorted i opened a free account with no ip.net & everything works i intend to take out a sub with them to save me renewing every month saw 50% off voucher online i intend using.

• Advertisement
Advertisement