Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Clan websites

Options
  • 29-08-2016 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking into updating a family clan website, so I was wondering if anyone here has seen any up-to-date websites that I could look at ? Most that I've seen are static and don't take advantage of Facebook/Twitter etc. There's the hope of building in a Shop, Forum, Blogs and connecting to something like FamilyTreeDNA. It's a lot and I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'd like to see what the best is, out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

That's really a business question rather than a geno one IMO. Why not Google Clan Campbell, Clan Fraser, etc and check those out? If you are doing it to sell "heritage" to North Americans I'd concentrate on .com sites rather than .co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

That's really a business question rather than a geno one IMO. Why not Google Clan Campbell, Clan Fraser, etc and check those out? If you are doing it to sell "heritage" to North Americans I'd concentrate on .com sites rather than .co.uk

I was wondering where to put it, but I thought where better than those who are interested in the Family History area.

The aim is to bring those sharing the same name together, it's a not-for-profit site, run by volunteers.

Advertisement