Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert and a job, am I crazy?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Aiming for 500 points in the leaving and have a job at the moment problem is my contract is the lowest one in the company but it's 15-19hrs! I'm doing all higher and really don't know should I try and manage until Christmas or will I just leave the job now while I'm ahead? Looking for advice from anyone who was or in a similar situation and some advice on how I can really prepare myself for the leaving!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DeiseMan4

I worked during 5th year a lot and to be honest it was fair hard. I did well but it really burns you out. My advice like I'm doing now is to ask for a few hours on 1 day a week like a Saturday or Sunday so you're not really burned out or at least only work up until halloween. Whatever money you're earning (6.56 an hour like me?) is nothing compared to getting a better job when you're older

• Registered Users Posts: 21 KG7571

On a tenner an hour and if I stay I'll get a pay rise next year, that's good money if I'll working during college.. thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

I would say that it depends on the work. If it doesn't tire you or make you dread going to it I would say to keep it. Sometimes although you mightn't think it a job can be an outlet or break from the stress of the Leaving Cert.

Advertisement