Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukulele?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what brand are recommended and where in Dublin I can get one? I don't want a cheap crappy box that can't stay in tune.

It's basically for my young daughter to take her first steps to learning guitar but I will use it myself too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Kala would be one of the popular (but affordable) brands. Music Maker (Exchequer St, D2) have a good selection of ukuleles, not sure if they have Kala though but the lads there are very helpful and won't steer you wrong. In that area I'd also recommend checking out Charles Byrne's shop on Stephen's St. (just off George's St). On the northside, Music Minds (Liffey St, D1) seem to have quite a few ukuleles. I'm not a fan of the shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Great, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Dord wrote: »
    Kala would be one of the popular (but affordable) brands. Music Maker (Exchequer St, D2) have a good selection of ukuleles, not sure if they have Kala though but the lads there are very helpful and won't steer you wrong. In that area I'd also recommend checking out Charles Byrne's shop on Stephen's St. (just off George's St). On the northside, Music Minds (Liffey St, D1) seem to have quite a few ukuleles. I'm not a fan of the shop though.

I have a lovely Brunswick uke that I got from this shop. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Just saw this thread.
    New to Ukulele I've been reading reviews and picked up one of these;
    http://www.gotaukulele.com/2017/12/laka-vuc50ea-electro-concert-ukulele.html

About a hundred euro, solid mahogany top.
    Got mine from this guy;

http://www.jimismusicstore.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Jimi is a good guy to deal with, bought from him in the past. Good luck with your ukulele adventures!

• Advertisement
Advertisement