Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing belt gone after 2 years and 19k km

Options
  • 29-08-2016 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I took my 1.8T Audi A4 for a service to a crowd that hadn't serviced my car before. Upon inspection, they noticed that my water pump is leaking and that my timing belt will need to be replaced.

When I bought the car from a main dealer, they agreed to do the water pump and timing belt before I took it. This was two years and 19,000 kilometres ago.

Do you think I'd have any recourse if I contacted them to let them know their work has only last two years? Warranty periods all expired so technically I have no recourse. I'm fuming over this though...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

why would you expect them to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did they ever actually replace it.
    Or are the new garage looking for easy money.

Most likely Iggy leaking it will need doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Could be that their thought process is that if the water pump is leaking then it is as easy to change the timing belt at the same time.

As most of the work will have to be done to replace the water pump anyway, may as well take the relatively inexpensive step of completing the job and replace the belt too.

Advertisement