Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templeogue (D6W) to DCU

Options
  • 29-08-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,
    I'll be going into my second year at DCU in September, but the thought of commuting again is kind of making me dread going back. I usually get the 9 from KCR, which is a 15 minute walk from my house and usually takes over an hour to get there on a GOOD day. There will be much more of a workload in my course this year and I'm also working longer hours and weekends in city center this year,which I also need to get the bus for. I'm just sick of wasting so much time on the bus, and I kind of feel like I'm missing out on college life.

tldr; Does anyone know any websites for carpooling/ carsharing/ lifts etc or anything that could help? I'm almost done my driving lessons and I was also thinking about cycling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 atomicsunshine

dcu(dot)ie/info/car_sharing.shtml Best I can offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

angelinab wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'll be going into my second year at DCU in September, but the thought of commuting again is kind of making me dread going back. I usually get the 9 from KCR, which is a 15 minute walk from my house and usually takes over an hour to get there on a GOOD day. There will be much more of a workload in my course this year and I'm also working longer hours and weekends in city center this year,which I also need to get the bus for. I'm just sick of wasting so much time on the bus, and I kind of feel like I'm missing out on college life.

tldr; Does anyone know any websites for carpooling/ carsharing/ lifts etc or anything that could help? I'm almost done my driving lessons and I was also thinking about cycling.

Hiya,

I thought you might find these sites useful. Commutes are a killer, but at least you only get the one bus. I'm in DCU and in my second year also and I need to get two buses each way. But it does go without saying, your personal safety needs to be your priority. Check both the websites, before signing up and then ask for references about who you're sharing with. Maybe set up another thread to see if anyone else uses them too?

Anyways, the websites are:-
    www dot carsharing dot ie (this site even has a DCU group)
    www dot gocar dot ie

Hope this helps

Advertisement