Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT dates question

Options
  • 29-08-2016 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a car I want to put on the road soon, but the NCT expired back in January. If I wait until October can I do an 'early' test for a cert from Oct - Jan 2018? Or would they just give me the cert covering Oct - Jan 2017 (3 months) and then I'd have to repeat the test for Jan - Jan?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

it's a late test not an early one so I'd say you'll only get one to the anniversary. Be worth enquiring about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

If you do the test less than 90 days before next due date then you'll get it over a year.

F.e. if your test expired on 15th January 2016, next due date is 15th January 2017, so if you do your test after 15th October 2016, you will get a cert valid until 15th January 2018.

Advertisement