Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Radio course interview this week - what to expect?

• 28-08-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have applied for the Ballyfermot HND in Radio Production & Programming course as a mature (very mature!) student and the interview is this week. I was wondering about what to expect in the interview? I've just seen an older thread on Boards about it that suggests that the interview is very intimidating!

I don't have any experience in radio yet (I've just contacted a community station about volunteering) - will they expect this kind of experience as a basic entry requirement? I've dabbled with electronic music production for years so I am familiar with audio editing which I expect might be useful(?!) But mainly, I think I have good ideas for shows/documentaries/dramas and I'd love the opportunity to learn how to realise these ambitions with like-minded people. Or am I gonna get laughed out of the place?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Okami_shinobi

The interview is not intimidating. Don't worry about not having any experience, Once you show that you have a strong interest in Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

Cheers for the reply. I was terrible in the interview, but luckily they offered me a place on the course anyway. Happy days!

Advertisement