Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me fill my tank

• 28-08-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I have purchased a eheim vivaline 180l tank and got a eheim professional 4+ 350

Now I need to plan what I'm going to stock it with it have changed my mind a million times its so difficult to decide this will be my first ever tank .

I definitely want German blue rams or electric blue rams but understand I need to wait until the tank is mature enough for them so until then what would you suggest .

I like cardinal tetra , rainbow gourami what other gourami are good ?, cherry barb, boesemani rainbow fish, bleeding heart tetra, cocatoo chilid the triple red ones

What would you recommend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you cycled your tank yet?

When it done, shoal fish are nice and maybe a plec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Pim Pictus

Everything you want above will be grand together. I'm a big fan of Pearl gouramis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

So would all I have mentioned be OK to have together in my 180l tank ? Would they all get along ? I'm collecting my tank on Thursday and the the fun part begins cycling so my LFS has told me it will be about 2 weeks before it will be completed he told me tetra quick start would speed things up but that it's better the just wait and let it happen naturally

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

One tip is find out whether you have hard or soft water, easier to match the fish to the water than try change the water to match the fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Pim Pictus

Theoretically if you use safe start you should add the fish straight after. It's much better to wait though. Unless you have very hard water you should be ok with most of the farm raised fish from your list.

As far as stocking goes you should be able to mix everything listed depending on numbers. If you go for 10-20 cardinals, 10 cherry barbs, 4 rams, a pair of gouramis, a pair of apistos you should be fine. I'd set the apistos up with a half coconut off in the corner. The rainbows get quite large and you'll have to reduce numbers with them. Bleeding Heart tetras are expensive and hard to find these days.

Building it up nice and slowly is important. It sounds like your shop know what they're doing anyway. Make sure they test your water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement