Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a mammoth?

Options
  • 28-08-2016 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

I want one for the garden. Not a real mammoth obviously.

Not sure if an adult would be too big, the missus says they're much bigger than elephants. If so I'd want a teenage model.

I've seen places selling models of the Statue of Liberty, maybe I should enquire there?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Carlow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mammoths R Us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

America. You can buy anything in America. Probably Wal-Mart or Target.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mammoths? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Mammoths! OP, there's four places. There's the Mammoth Hut, that's on third.
    There's Mammoths-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Tusks-There.
    That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Trunk... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the mammoth complex on third.
    In the mammoth district.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

An File wrote: »
    Mammoths? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Mammoths! OP, there's four places. There's the Mammoth Hut, that's on third.
    That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Trunk... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the mammoth complex on third.
    In the mammoth district.

That was a bit of a mammoth mouthful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Guys, cope on...

Its obviously short for mammy moth,

As in female moth, who is also a mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I genuinely know someone near Galway who could make you one - he once made an animatronic baby Mammoth for a film. But it wouldn't be cheap especially sewing in the several hundred packets of hair extensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

America. You can buy anything in America. Probably Wal-Mart or Target.

And they come with shoulder mounted missiles!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Tayto Park have them in their 'ice age' display. Lash an email in their direction and you might find out who made their ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Aldi sell them.

They're rebranded as "nammoths" though. That's why yo possibly missed em.

Find them on the same aisle as eggs/baking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

In the mammoth district.

Infact, I didn't even give you my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Harrods.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

alibaba.com/showroom/life-size-mammoth.html

Find anything on alibaba :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

In the mammoth district.

Do you know that place Petersons ?
    In Dun Laoghire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

They have on in Tayto pork. In the Ice walk area. No price tag on it so I guess it is not for sale.
    You would need to have a few scoups and then go rob it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Harvey Norman. There's always a mammoth sale on in Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

alibaba.com/showroom/life-size-mammoth.html

Find anything on alibaba :)

Thanks. I didn't really believe I could find one for such a reasonable price. Hopefully I don't need planning permission and the neighbours won't mind (it will be in the front garden).

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

You'll have to give us the heads up when it will be on Nationwide or the news:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You can get actual mounted mammoth skeletons form time to time. They mostly come from countries of the former Soviet Union. They run about 30-50 grand. Not too bad given they're real and plastic ones can cost 20 grand.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Wibbs wrote: »
    You can get actual mounted mammoth skeletons form time to time. They mostly come from countries of the former Soviet Union. They run about 30-50 grand. Not too bad given they're real and plastic ones can cost 20 grand.
    Seriously?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep. Cave bears too. They're a lot cheaper. I've a few bits and bobs of those.

Actually the mammoth ones have gone up in price now that I think more on it. More like 100 grand plus(outside of fancy auctions with rich guys bidding as dick measuring contests). They're a relatively common pre fossil. Many millions once strode across the landscapes of Eurasia for hundreds of thousands of years. As the permafrost melts or rivers cut through sediments many bones weather out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement