Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thoughts on the condition of these tyres please ?

Options
  • 28-08-2016 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Long story short I recently bought a new car its a 132, 17,000km. Just wondering about these cracks in the tyres is it cause for concern ? Only really noticed because I ran over a nail and needed the tyre plugged, also where would i stand with the dealer on this ?

Photo%2028-08-2016%2011%2043%2000_zpsk5wm8r8k.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wouldn't be too worried about cracking there, fairly normal on tyres a year or two old. What are the sidewalls like? What brand are they?

On the side of the tyre it will give the year it was made, see what this is, tyre could be ancient and taken off another car, in the case below the tyre was made in the 3rd week of 2004.

dotcode5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The plug repair looks very poor to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

bazz26 wrote: »

If the tyre is still inflated, must be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

I wouldn't be too worried about cracking there, fairly normal on tyres a year or two old. What are the sidewalls like? What brand are they?

On the side of the tyre it will give the year it was made, see what this is, tyre could be ancient and taken off another car, in the case below the tyre was made in the 3rd week of 2004.

dotcode5.jpg

Seem to be the tyres that came with it new 11/13

Photo%2028-08-2016%2013%2016%2020_zpspeuf8csk.jpg

Photo%2028-08-2016%2013%2016%2039_zpskxc4ec5f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It'll be fine once it's driven on and worn flat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

dotcode5.jpg

I was stuck was the only place open will have it looked at properly tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

optional code?? whats that about?

I was stuck was the only place open will have it looked at properly tomorrow

It's fine, it wasn't trimmed nicely etc

Advertisement