Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for students

Options
  • 28-08-2016 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I'm a mature student starting computer science in carlow this year. Can I ask what the story is in relation to parking for students in the college? Do students need to pay for parking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Hi I'm a mature student starting computer science in carlow this year. Can I ask what the story is in relation to parking for students in the college? Do students need to pay for parking?

Parking in campus for year cost 10 euro. You can pay online or for the first month to the their lady inside college. Crowd operating car park tends to turn blind eye for first couple of weeks, after that release fee is somewhere around 200

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    Parking in campus for year cost 10 euro. You can pay online or for the first month to the their lady inside college. Crowd operating car park tends to turn blind eye for first couple of weeks, after that release fee is somewhere around 200

Fair play.

Nervous as **** about starting

33 years old oh God lol

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Fair play.

33 years old oh God lol

Mature student myself. Started last year at age 30. It's much easier than you think. Mature students tends to do very well in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Fair play.

33 years old oh God lol

33, only a kid, from memory it can be a nightmare trying to get parking in the mornings if you are arriving between 8.30-9.00

Tends to ease off a bit in the afternoon. One mistake to avoid is parking in the spaces allocated to the "Tech" and the IFE. There is usually a months grace before the clampers start taking action.

Thanks folks.

Really looking forward to Thursday now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Sorry to hi jack. I'm also a returning mature student. Going to cife for a 1 year course to get me back into the swing of education. Can I use the IT carpark if the cife carpark is full. Don't mind paying the fee mentioned to get a car parking spot.thanks.

hadepsx wrote: »
    Sorry to hi jack. I'm also a returning mature student. Going to cife for a 1 year course to get me back into the swing of education. Can I use the IT carpark if the cife carpark is full. Don't mind paying the fee mentioned to get a car parking spot.thanks.

Nope, if memory serves you have to have a student number for the i.t. to get a parking permit. Unless of course you want to use the pay to park one but that would cost a fortune.

The CIFE carpark fills up very quickly. When i was going there it was always full by 8.30-8.40. I ended up parking in a nearby estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ffocused

hadepsx wrote: »

No, you can't use IT car park & IT students can't use IFE car park.

Dark Knight how did you find today?
    I started too, didn't feel out of place but won't really know until next week!

ffocused wrote: »
    No, you can't use IT car park & IT students can't use IFE car park.

Dark Knight how did you find today?
    I started too, didn't feel out of place but won't really know until next week!

Found today good, what course are you doing

Ah your doing the computer system management

We're you with the 3 other lads from athy? Think I was talking to you I'm doing the Cw206 computer science course

Computer Systems Management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

If you want a decent spot arrive around 5am!

Computer Systems Management

Chelsea jersey?

That's me!

That's me!

LOL I'm the guy coming from monasterevin.

Jaysus the Internet is a small place lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Owryan wrote: »
    Nope, if memory serves you have to have a student number for the i.t. to get a parking permit. Unless of course you want to use the pay to park one but that would cost a fortune.

The CIFE carpark fills up very quickly. When i was going there it was always full by 8.30-8.40. I ended up parking in a nearby estate.

Forgot to ask. What estates are good to park in and what one's are a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fair play.

33 years old oh God lol

Good age to be taking something seriously. Best of luck with it. It'll fly in.

I used to park in New St. One the right hand side when you turn up from Granby Row onto green rd. Used to be able to get a spot in there.

Not sure about no go areas, i know the residents of the Green Rd estate have complained about parking There was another estae that was trying to introduce clamping for non residents cars but no idea if they ever went true with it.

Best advice is be early, parking is a nightmare to get on campus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,826 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I've went back to the CIFE, went to the IT back in 2008, parking in Southern Gardens was fine back then so of course I parked there today notice on windscreen that you need a residents permit. Bit of a nightmare situation

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

paulie21 wrote: »
    I've went back to the CIFE, went to the IT back in 2008, parking in Southern Gardens was fine back then so of course I parked there today notice on windscreen that you need a residents permit. Bit of a nightmare situation

Just started in CIFE myself. What course are you doing? The parking is a nightmare.....whats the best option off campus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ardinn wrote: »
    If you want a decent spot arrive around 5am!

Absolute rubbish.

Get there before 9 and you will get a space

• Advertisement
Advertisement