Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school bus transport in city

Options
  • 27-08-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

HI there

Have a son starting in de la salle. We live on dunmore road, is the only bus the kenneallys bus and if so where is the drop off. Also where is the collection point for the visit back.

Seems harder to get transport in the city than if we lived in the country when then there would have to be transport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Why then don't you organise your own bus to transport the children to and from DLS instead of whinging about it. I'm sure there are plenty of parents with the same issue on the Dunmore Road regarding school transport to and from DLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Why then don't you organise your own bus to transport the children to and from DLS instead of whinging about it. I'm sure there are plenty of parents with the same issue on the Dunmore Road regarding school transport to and from DLS.

Thanks, so helpful. Why bother posting this. Luckily I was just about to buy a bus and quit jobs so i can do the drops etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

In the mornings the bus takes ages and the timetable is a joke at the best of times. He would need to allow himself a lot of time to get to school on time. Pupils get off at the stop opposite St Joseph's & Benildus. In the evenings pupils get on at the bus stop just past Waterpark school or outside the church.

The bus from Dunmore East, think it's Suirways could be another option.

Thanks, so helpful. Why bother posting this. Luckily I was just about to buy a bus and quit jobs so i can do the drops etc

No one is suggesting that you buy a bus or quit jobs!
    How many DLS students would live in your area approx'
    Surely a call to a local bus company for a price for a weekly service
    and divide it by the amount of children weekly.

Imagine your children picked up and dropped back to your door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

No one is suggesting that you buy a bus or quit jobs!
    How many DLS students would live in your area approx'
    Surely a call to a local bus company for a price for a weekly service
    and divide it by the amount of children weekly.

Imagine your children picked up and dropped back to your door!

Why didn't you just phrase your suggestion that way originally then instead of being an ill mannered smart ass?

Why didn't you just phrase your suggestion that way originally then instead of being an ill mannered smart ass?

Because it's another person wanting things done for them, giving out about the

situation as it stands and not being pro-active in amending it!

The Waterford way I suppose!!

Because it's another person wanting things done for them, giving out about the

situation as it stands and not being pro-active in amending it!

The Waterford way I suppose!!

Nice to be someone who never gives out, instead gives out about others giving out. Hmmm

deisemum wrote: »
    The bus from Dunmore East, think it's Suirways could be another option.

Thanks, will check that out.

Anyone have any ideas of a bus from DLS to other side of town... summerhill area. ? Precious child can hardly walk it now he can he!!!

Thanks, will check that out.

Anyone have any ideas of a bus from DLS to other side of town... summerhill area. ? Precious child can hardly walk it now he can he!!!

The weight of their schoolbags is very heavy especially for 1st - 3rd years even once they get their lockers.

• Advertisement

The Kenneally bus is (apparantly) outside the estate at 8.33 and scheduled to be at De La Salle for 8.40. Anyone know if that bus is reliable. Hate for him to be late.

The earlier bus is at 8.03 which is too early i think.

The Kenneally bus is (apparantly) outside the estate at 8.33 and scheduled to be at De La Salle for 8.40. Anyone know if that bus is reliable. Hate for him to be late.

The earlier bus is at 8.03 which is too early i think.

That timetable is fiction, there's no way it would take 7 mins in the slow moving traffic in the morning. Pupils are expected to be in their classroom at 8.55am and ready for the teacher at 9am though you do see some pupils going in late and while some teachers don't say anything others will go through them.

Seems a little far fetched all right. By the way Suirway can't stop in town, no licence so it is kenneallys only. Would surely expect there to be numerous kids on this side of town goin that way via public transport. Perhaps not! :(

Advertisement