Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you feel if your partner looked attractive due to plastic surgery?

Options
  • 27-08-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭

Like say you met this girl you found hot and then found out later on that she was horrible looking when she was younger before she got all this surgery.
    I mean a result along the lines of this:
    http://www11.pic-upload.de/14.08.15/c4wih68rau66.jpg

Just wondering, because personally I wouldnt give two ****s. But a lot of people seemingly do, on Facebook and instagram I regularly hear people posting mean things about kylie jennies' fake beauty' how she's not a natural beauty like her younger sister. Which is really annoying I find because its not like her other sister did anything to achieve her 'beauty'. She was just born with it, I say kudos to kylie jenner for going out and changing herself for the better and is probably much happier the way she looks now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

If someone feels like crap about how they look and it genuinely would improve their self esteem then I don't see the problem with it.
    Though I do feel that some surgeons should have a better grasp on ethics not purse strings when it comes to the extremes (not like the girl you linked) but the people that have countless surgeries done. There should be stricter screening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Who cares? If it's not her looks it'll be something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ah well...you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Who cares? If it's not her looks it'll be something else
    He could end up with ugly b@stards of children though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I wouldn't say she was that bad before surgery tbh.

How and ever, I think if I got with someone and they never told me that they had some deformity that had been fixed with surgery, and we were planning children, I'd be pretty upset.

Would it stop me dating them, probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sam Kade wrote: »
    He could end up with ugly b@stards of children though.

I hope he's not sexually attracted to his own children. In which case he has bigger problems than a naturally ugly baby mama

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That's not the same girl.

But as long as your babies had her 'new' nose it'd probably be fine OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Didn't some Chinese guy very recently divorce and sue his wife for dog ugly kids she churned out after getting surgery to improve her appearance?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Daily Mail says true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223718/Chinese-man-sues-wife-ugly-court-AGREES--awarding-120-000.html
    Chinese man sues his wife for being ugly, and the court AGREES... awarding him £75,000

Jian Feng was confused after his wife gave birth to an 'incredibly ugly' baby
    He accused her of cheating and she admitted to spending £62,000 on plastic surgery
    He then claimed she got him to marry her under false pretenses

But
    http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/uglybaby.asp

true, and neither of them have plastic surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Good-looking people don't always have good-looking kids and vice-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

From those pictures it looks like she had her nose done and her jaw reset. The way I see it is, if that girl felt more confident for doing that, then I applaud her. I would say the same for any man. If something about your appearance causes you great insecurity, and you want to change it for yourself, then do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

But as long as your babies had her 'new' nose it'd probably be fine OP.

It is the same girl. Her eyes and many other features are the exact same if you look closely. She had a surgery called 'lefort' which moves your upper and lower jaw forward. and got a nose job, its a transformative surgery, mostly done on deformed people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

But if she got the boobs done and you get to motorboat those bad boys!!!

Estrellita wrote: »
    From those pictures it looks like she had her nose done and her jaw reset. The way I see it is, if that girl felt more confident for doing that, then I applaud her. I would say the same for any man. If something about your appearance causes you great insecurity, and you want to change it for yourself, then do it.
    wakka12 wrote: »
    It is the same girl. Her eyes and many other features are the exact same if you look closely. She had a surgery called 'lefort' which moves your upper and lower jaw forward. and got a nose job, its a transformative surgery, mostly done on deformed people though.

The first is definitely a photoshop and the second is natural. See the length of her jaw in the first photo, there's no way plastic surgery could rectify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The before and after pics on the OP

That surgeon is an artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The first is definitely a photoshop and the second is natural. See the length of her jaw in the first photo, there's no way plastic surgery could rectify that.

Have you never heard of jaw or chin shaving. Its extremely common in Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ask me missus, I've had plastic surgery on me nose after some fcuker put it across me face playing a football match, purely accidental elbow by the way

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Who cares, you don't look at the mantlepiece when your poking the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Something tells me most of the AH's posters' partners are probably synthetic anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

There's a difference between someone having corrective surgery for a misaligned jaw or large hump on their nose which is causing significant confidence issues or psychological trauma. Versus someone destroying their perfectly fine face beyond all recognition with excessive cosmetic surgery just for the hell of it a la Kylie Jenner.

The first - fair play to ya. You fixed something that was causing you pain and misery. The second - cop on ta fcuk. You look like a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

jamesbere wrote: »
    Who cares, you don't look at the mantlepiece when your poking the fire.

Plastic surgery on the "fire" is very popular now .😛

wakka12 wrote: »
    Have you never heard of jaw or chin shaving. Its extremely common in Korea
    Ah come on, if you think that's a real before and after picture you are away wth the fairies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Ah come on, if you think that's a real before and after picture you are away wth the fairies.

The pictures are fake (an ear is missing from one pic!) but jaw shaving is a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Atomicjuicer0

I hope he's not sexually attracted to his own children. In which case he has bigger problems than a naturally ugly baby mama

The concern about ugly kids is for their own sake obviously.

Advertisement