Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 corolla heater fans

Options
  • 27-08-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

As above the fans are blowing and strong but nothing comes out the windscreen vents?how do i get at these?what needs to be done?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume you tried adjusting the air flow to make it go to the windscreen? It would be the knob to the left of the heater knob...

ODZmM2M0NzljNmMxNGVhMWUxMjZmNThiOTVmNmRlODJXQ6vdxQuCVjEZPNO53aqvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MDk1ODAyMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Does any air come out through any of the other vents? A common enough issue on these is a blocked pollen filter due to not replacing it often enough in some cases never.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭joeyboy12345

I presume you tried adjusting the air flow to make it go to the windscreen? It would be the knob to the left of the heater knob...

Lol yep i did that alright!
    JohnBoy26 wrote:
    Does any air come out through any of the other vents? A common enough issue on these is a blocked pollen filter due to not replacing it often enough in some cases never.
    Where would i find that? Other vents work fine,just the windscren

Its unlikely to be the filter then but it will do no harm to replace it anyway. Its located under the glovebox behind a black plastic cover(held on with 4 pins). It can be a bit awkward to replace as space is tight and the filter has to be folded to get it to fit.

JohnBoy26 wrote:

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote:
    Its unlikely to be the filter then but it will do no harm to replace it anyway. Its located under the glovebox behind a black plastic cover(held on with 4 pins). It can be a bit awkward to replace as space is tight and the filter has to be folded to get it to fit.

Found it and took it out and with it a load of dirt and dust!definatly wasnt helping anyways!every where closed here so wil have to wait until monday to get a new 1!is there another on the drivers side?and yes,very tricky to get out!

Found it and took it out and with it a load of dirt and dust!definatly wasnt helping anyways!every where closed here so wil have to wait until monday to get a new 1!is there another on the drivers side?and yes,very tricky to get out!

No just under the glove box. Did you try the heaters with it removed to see if the issue improved?

JohnBoy26 wrote:
    No just under the glove box. Did you try the heaters with it removed to see if the issue improved?

Yea,problem solved!thanks lad!!

Advertisement