Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating leaving certificate

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

can you take your points from when you repeat in 2017 (drop Irish & English) and merge both sets of exam subjects to meet the requirements?? I passed Irish and English in 2016 so will they meet the requirements?

Also, I just completed the 2016 LC, can I apply as an external candidate in January? The SEC website said there needa to be 2 years between the initial exams and the repeats.

I'm not talking about merging points. I want to use my Irish and English grades to meet entry requirements but use the points I will score in 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you can do that, unless the course requirements state otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 muslimahkar

spurious wrote: »
    Yes you can do that, unless the course requirements state otherwise.

Thank you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Medicine would be the most common exception btw. ;)

Advertisement