Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Puma passenger electric window

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

The passenger window on my 2001 Ford Puma is having an issue, the window goes down perfectly with both driver and passenger switch working, but recently it is not going up with either driver or passenger switches. It is only going back up intermittently

Also one of my back number plate lights is dimmer than the other, however all headlights and back lights as well as the dashboard lights are working fine without any dimming?

Does anybody know what could be causing either of these issues

Any useful info would be great so I have an idea what to expect when I get car to a mechanic
    next week as I have an NCT due soon

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the window stopping dead at a certain point or just randomly stopping at different levels? If it's the same point it's likely that the channel the pane of glass sits in has debris blocking it, try cleaning with a cloth the area where the window slides in to on the door frame.

For the number plate problem you need to replace the dim bulb, when you do replace the dim bulb there's a possibility that the other one will then look dim too, could be worth changing both to new bulbs while your at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 missblondie89

Is the window stopping dead at a certain point or just randomly stopping at different levels? If it's the same point it's likely that the channel the pane of glass sits in has debris blocking it, try cleaning with a cloth the area where the window slides in to on the door frame.

For the number plate problem you need to replace the dim bulb, when you do replace the dim bulb there's a possibility that the other one will then look dim too, could be worth changing both to new bulbs while your at it.

Thanks for getting back to me appreciate it ☺The window does not stop at a certain point I can get it to go all the way down without any issues with both switches but it doesn't go back up, there isn't any sound or anything, I have to try both switches between 3-20 times on average and then it suddenly flys back up as if nothing was wrong, it has only started happening in the last week (right before Nct is due typical) my feeling is that the motor or regulator is burning out but I could be completely wrong

Thanks for advice about the bulb for number plate as well was getting worried that there was a major electrical problem at one point! ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Hi

The passenger window on my 2001 Ford Puma is having an issue, the window goes down perfectly with both driver and passenger switch working, but recently it is not going up with either driver or passenger switches. It is only going back up intermittently

Also one of my back number plate lights is dimmer than the other, however all headlights and back lights as well as the dashboard lights are working fine without any dimming?

Does anybody know what could be causing either of these issues

Any useful info would be great so I have an idea what to expect when I get car to a mechanic
    next week as I have an NCT due soon

Thanks!

The number plate light would not cause you to fail the nct so don't worry too much about it. Would be an advisory but not a fail

Advertisement