Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - 500eur

Options
  • 26-08-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? €500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? RAM (8GB), PSU (450W)

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card, cash

9. When are you purchasing? September/October

Its for my Nephew, I have some RAM and a PSU I can give him. He has everything else, currently playing on a laptop. I tried out various builds but not really happy with the results so looking for suggestions. Its mainly an entry level thing that he can upgrade over time.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

sugarman wrote: »
    What RAM, DDR3?

What does he plan on playing on it?

Yes DDR3, sorry should have included that. Planning on playing Fifa, Minecraft, WoW and some random games on Steam that are free/cheap I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say a Skylake i3-6100, H110M board, 8GB DDR4 2133mhz, AMD RX460, 120Gb SSD and 500GB hard drive in a decent €30 case like a Bitfenix Nova or Kolink Victory with a 350W PSU would fit the bill. Would run those games at 1080p ultra and even more intensive AAA titles very decently at 1080p also, if he decides to play more intensive games.

Advertisement