Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about going back to school

Options
  • 26-08-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Im thinking about going back to school i left nearly 2 years ago im 17 turning 18 soon and i will be going back into 5th year but i dont no wether to do LCA or the normal leaving cert i cant decided because im afraid i wont be able to do the normal leaving cert because im out nearly 2 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Consonata

I'd say it might be a good idea to try 5th year and see how it suits you. You can switch to LCA probably at any point early on in the year. No harm to give 5th year a shot anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Crazybiker

Ya i was thinking about that but thats part of the reason why i dropped out they wouldnt let me do LCA i was in normal 5th year and they told me to stay back a year but i was stupid i wouldnt listen to anyone and i dropped out and went to youthreach but now i want the leaving cert so i was thinking about going back to school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Crazybiker wrote: »
    Ya i was thinking about that but thats part of the reason why i dropped out they wouldnt let me do LCA i was in normal 5th year and they told me to stay back a year but i was stupid i wouldnt listen to anyone and i dropped out and went to youthreach but now i want the leaving cert so i was thinking about going back to school

Did you not do LCA in Youthreach?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can you not do the Leaving in a nearby Youthreach? At least then you'd have a few bob.

spurious wrote: »
    Can you not do the Leaving in a nearby Youthreach? At least then you'd have a few bob.

Ya im in youthreach i only have like 6 months left and il get a fetac 4 leaving cert but i want to go abroad and im gonna try to get a work visa i dont think il be able if i stay in youthreach thats why i want to go back to school

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Leaving Cert is a Level 4/5 qualification - why not spend your next year doing a Level 5 FETAC qualification and go abroad with that?

I'm still not clear if a nearby Youthreach will allow you sit a Leaving Cert.. The LC is a two year course really.

The Leaving Cert is a Level 4/5 qualification - why not spend your next year doing a Level 5 FETAC qualification and go abroad with that?

I'm still not clear if a nearby Youthreach will allow you sit a Leaving Cert.. The LC is a two year course really.

I was thinking about doing that but il have a fetac level 4 if i stay in youthreach but if i do the course for the level will it be the same as the school leaving cert

It will be like a course people do after the Leaving cert.. I think you should make an appointment to see your old school's career guidance counsellor to go through your options, especially in relation to a qualification you can take abroad.

It will be like a course people do after the Leaving cert.. I think you should make an appointment to see your old school's career guidance counsellor to go through your options, especially in relation to a qualification you can take abroad.

Thats what im gonna do thanks alot for the help i appreciate it

Advertisement