Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying to rent in Lanzarote..

Options
  • 26-08-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Been looking on line at buying an apartment to rent out in Puerto del Carmen mostly. but I am unsure of the process, I am hoping a couple of you guys are aware of how to achieve this. Looking online seems quite confusing.
    But the cut and thrust of it is I have 70K cash to spend
    I am aware I need to keep 8-10% of that for fees, lawyers and the suchlike.
    I need something like a NIE/NIF. Dont need resodencia as will only use it a month a year in the meantime.

So was wondering what was best to do?
    Would it be Buy on a domestic complex and use a letting firm to deal with keys cleaning and rental or a holiday complex in which they deal with the rental aspect of it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, there doesn't seem to be too much on the market at that price range.
    I had a look on Kyero.com and property prices have gone up 30% in the last year, the avg cost of a property in Puerto del Carmen is 245,000e
    Only 2 properties came in at that price- a 1 bed with no inside photos (45m2), which is unusual for Kyero, and a studio apt (30m2)
    All of these acts would have maintenance charges also.
    I know you go to your local town hall to get an NIE (similar to PPS) number- but I don't know what the deal is if you do not want to be residential.
    Personally looking around Barcelona/ Lloret del Mar & some great bargains to be had, seemed like a flood of properties came online after the UK Brexit vote.
    You might find info on some UK ex-pats spanish forums, good for telling it how it really is.
    If you don't want to live there - but really enjoy going here on holidays, I'd do my sums & work out could you do something safer with a better yield with your spare cash and use your profit towards your apt/ villa rental every year. Good luck whatever you decide to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DeeBhoy

cheers Zef- some good points there. good luck in your search

Advertisement