Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inhibit PIR - aritech cs350

Options
  • 26-08-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have been trying to inhibit the PIR in the landing as the dog keeps setting it off, but I cant do it.
    I think I may need to get into admin settings but I dont have the code.
    Do I have to contact original installer? Not sure if he's still in business.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

According to the user manual you need to set the zone attribute to In(Inhibit) to allow you to inhibit the zone. One other option is to replace the PIR with a 'pet friendly' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Thanks for the link to the manual
    So maybe I need to try the engineer code to get to the full menu?
    Hopefully the default hasn't been changed by installer.
    I'll try when I get home from work.
    Thanks for your help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your user code is set up with all rights you should be able to inhibit zones.
    When you enter your user code does it display Arm Menu?

No it just arms the alarm after these messages pop up:
    Code accepted
    Normal set
    System arming
    Leave now

Engineer code doesn't work

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's been set up giving you no user rights.
    If you press 0 arrow down 7 does that part set it with the PiR off?

• Advertisement

Yes it does.
    System part guard
    KoolKid wrote: »
    It's been set up giving you no user rights.
    If you press 0 arrow down 7 does that part set it with the PiR off?

That should be the same as inhibiting the PiR so.
    Do you need to do this when you go out also.

Exactly. Because the dog might still be in the house so if he is we would like to be able to inhibit the pir

That should be the same as inhibiting the PiR so.
    Do you need to do this when you go out also.

You will need engineer access to change the user rights to allow this. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes.

Ok fair enough
    Thanks all for the help
    You will need engineer access to change the user rights to allow this. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement