Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy Lenovo X1 Carbon or T460s

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

But, before actually buying one or the other, I would like to check them in person.
    Is there a store in Dublin where they have them on display?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

dejanp wrote: »
    But, before actually buying one or the other, I would like to check them in person.
    Is there a store in Dublin where they have them on display?

Thanks!

They're both commercial products, so doubtful you'd find them in a the likes of PC World. Maybe best contact a distributor and see if they have a display at their offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

T460 has issues with its display panel. Not sure if the S also has the issue but they have stopped supplies for the place I work and are looking for a replacement asap.
    I have the T450 and it's a nice bit of kit. Display is good not great in bright sunlight but it's a sturdy laptop and nice and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ondablade

I've just spent quite a while trying to get a look at business class and higher end notebooks in Dublin with no luck - except for a Toshiba Tecra at Micro pro on Nutley Ave. Seems like we're a one horse town...

I ended up reluctantly buying from pics and specs on Amazon UK (making sure they were the actual supplier, and not simply fronting for another) so that if the machine wasn't what I hoped that I could rely on being able to return it. Also so that they were the point of contact for warranty matters, on the basis that they ought to have some clout with the manufacturer...

Service and support are a huge consideration no matter what you buy I think - major variations between manufacturers (I'm getting so fed up talking to mostly couldn't care less and often minimally trained call centre people that don't talk to each other, often don't answer e-mails, don't do what they say/have it misfire, can't be got back to because they are on generic support addresses, and that avoid responsibility/taking on solving problems like the plague) - but few if any have an approved Irish location you can physically drop stuff into.

It took me a month recently to extract a refund out of our ex Irish based PC manufacturer beginning with D that's moved to India despite it being their mess up - only necessary because despite three days of pleading starting a few hours after the sales guy placed the order based on his giving incorrect information they didn't act to amend it..

Advertisement