Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage warranty advice

Options
  • 26-08-2016 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭

Herself got a car off a garage about 3 weeks ago and noticed is leaking. Its coming from under the black cover on the engine.

We rang the garage, he said the rocker cover has come lose.
    As i was looking at it in her work car park, a man who knows about cars looked at it. He said they don't come lose and maybe it was repaired before and they didn't give the seal time to set.

I am wondering before we go over should we just accept it being tightened or look for a new gasket or to be resealed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

How long is left on the warranty? If it isn't about to run out in the next week or so I'd just ask them to make sure it isn't leaking. If it leaks again after you get it back, I'd then ask them to put a new gasket or sealant on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

nd wrote:
    How long is left on the warranty? If it isn't about to run out in the next week or so I'd just ask them to make sure it isn't leaking. If it leaks again after you get it back, I'd then ask them to put a new gasket or sealant on it.

Just over 2 months left.

But the garage is 40 minutes drive, so don't making too many journeys

Advertisement