Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protecting a Macbook?

Options
  • 26-08-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

New Mac owner here, wondering how to protect it.

On my old Windows machine I had a combo of AVG and Malware Bytes, with CCleaner used often enough. No case.

This time around I don't want AVG, it became a virus in itself with all it's awful pop ups. Malware Bytes has been installed but what cheap/free AV do you know of that are not intrusive and competent?

Also looking for a neoprene sleeve for it. There's an Amazon Basics one but packaging costs the same as it and tbh I don't need to buy 20 quid worth of stuff for free delivery right now. Any recommendations? I'm tempted by Incase's stuff but it's seriously pricey regardless of quality. It's a 2015 13" Retina.

TLDR; AntiVirus and Sleeve for MBP 2015 13". Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement