Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insure without NCT?

Options
  • 25-08-2016 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

NCT is up since last month and car insurance is up on Monday. I've applied for the NCT but the date is after my insurance renewal, so just wondering if I'll be able to get insurance without NCT at the minute?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, my insurance company (Axa) has never asked to see my NCT cert. and having a current NCT is not down as a condition of my cover. Even if it was, it would be meaningless, as is the condition that some companies impose about having a current tax disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

coylemj wrote: »
    Yes, my insurance company (Axa) has never asked to see my NCT cert. and having a current NCT is not down as a condition of my cover. Even if it was, it would be meaningless, as is the condition that some companies impose about having a current tax disc.

It is down as a condition of your cover to make a claim...
    But not all claims are paid. Why?

It’s a combination of there simply being no cover or customers not understanding or keeping to some of their policy conditions. These include-

Not telling us all the relevant facts
    You have to tell us any fact that may affect your cover. For example, If you modify your car, change job or move house we must be informed. And you must tell us if you or any other insured driver is the subject of any pending or existing motoring related prosecution.

Your car must be roadworthy
    You must take reasonable steps to ensure your car is roadworthy at all times. These include ensuring you have a valid NCT certificate.

http://www.axa.ie/claims/car-insurance-claims/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks, lads.

I'll read the fine print of the renewal tomorrow to see what their policy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

NCT is up since last month and car insurance is up on Monday. I've applied for the NCT but the date is after my insurance renewal, so just wondering if I'll be able to get insurance without NCT at the minute?

Cheers.

You can insure, you shouldn't drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement