Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre inflator warning light won't go off Hyundai Tucson

Options
  • 25-08-2016 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My warning light came on to say I had low pressure in one of my tyres.
    I put it back up to 34psi but next morning it was down to 12psi.
    I got the puncture fixed today but warning light still on even though it reads all tyres have 34psi.
    Do I have to reset it or I thought the light would go off when proper pressure is back in it?
    I've driven about 20 miles since I got puncture fixed.
    Cheers

Comments

try holding it down to set it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

try holding it down to set it

Tried holding down but no option to reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

sensor damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Over inflate by 5psi, then take the car for a drive.

The Hyundai sensors are the most tempermental i've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tyre fitter might have broke it, regular occurance with the sensors on Lexus cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

and Ford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Over inflate by 5psi, then take the car for a drive.

The Hyundai sensors are the most tempermental i've seen.

I inflated each tyre by an extra 2 psi each so all reading 36psi and the warning light went off immediately after driving.
    Cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

and Ford

And Hyundai!

Not sure if the newer hyundais have TPMS sensors on the valves anymore or if they use the speed sensor.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    And Hyundai!

Not sure if the newer hyundais have TPMS sensors on the valves anymore or if they use the speed sensor.

Still on the valves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Doesn't the Tusk'n'Curdy come with a 12 year warranty? Let someone in the main dealer deal with it. You're paying enough for that PCP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Doesn't the Tusk'n'Curdy come with a 12 year warranty? Let someone in the main dealer deal with it. You're paying enough for that PCP

Probably isn't covered, like most things in that so called warranty...

Hyundais 5 year warranty is actually very comprehensive.

I don't ever recall tyre pressure maintenance being a warrantable item however.

Hyundais 5 year warranty is actually very comprehensive.

I don't ever recall tyre pressure maintenance being a warrantable item however.

Along with dmf,clutch, egr valve, dpf in fact all the things that give trouble on modern diesels. Add in the crazy servicing prices plus the crazy ( not covered by warranty) parts prices and you have one expensive machine when something goes wrong. If ever a vehicle was made for change it in 3 years pcp the Tucson is it.

You'd have no bother claiming for a DMF or EGR tbh, you'd get one no hassle at all.

No maunfacturer covers clutch kits, it's hardly a Hyundai exclusive.

The service prices are on a similar keel to other manufacturers, when you bare in mind they do a standard 30k 24mt interval.

I have no particular love for Hyundais but the range and service isn't have as flakey as you are making out.

You'd have no bother claiming for a DMF or EGR tbh, you'd get one no hassle at all.

No maunfacturer covers clutch kits, it's hardly a Hyundai exclusive.

The service prices are on a similar keel to other manufacturers, when you bare in mind they do a standard 30k 24mt interval.

I have no particular love for Hyundais but the range and service isn't have as flakey as you are making out.

Friend of mine had a dmf fail at just over 4 years old, absolutely no chance of it being replaced under warranty. Service history was spot on with a main dealer but no way would they budge on the flywheel. He flogged it on and bought a proper vehicle more suited to his needs, towing etc.

Advertisement