Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need your expert advice

Options
  • 25-08-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at two Dell laptops for my son who is going to college in 3 weeks.

Laptop A: Dell Inspiron 5000 €599.00
    Laptop B: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 €699.00

Both have 6th gen i5 processor, Win 10, 8G memory, 1TB hard drive, and both are backlit display but Laptop B has anti glare screen.

The main differences are as follows:
    1. Laptop B has an AMD Radeon R5M335 graphics card versus Laptop A has Intel HD graphics.
    2. Was told by Dell sales rep that only Laptop B is upgradeable.

Now we have no techies in our family so don't know what upgrading is all about and would we be able/interested enough....not likely.
    My son is not a gamer at all so this would just be for college assignments and surfing the net.

Any opinions on whether I should pay the extra €100 for Laptop B? It's only a €100 more but that could buy one of the many books he will "need" to buy!

Any advice very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Only upgradale component is RAM more than likely. Not a big deal as long as a soldered chip doesn't go faulty. Graphics won't matter with your son's requirements.

Advertisement