Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016-Waiting Times

Options
  • 25-08-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

I know there are plenty of threads re the IEC but I can't find any related to the new 2016 procedures.

I am a recent graduate and am keen to see a bit of the world before setting down to a 9 to 5. I would still however like to gain valuable experience related to my degree. I am very nervous about such a step into the unknown!

I just completed the intial visa application and am awaiting my invitation to apply for a working holiday visa. I am eager to get over to Canada before the end of October but read on the embassy site that waiting for the invite can take a number of weeks while waiting for the visa itself to come through can take at least 8 weeks. Does anyone have any idea of how long in total it takes for these working holiday visas to come through?

I'd really appreciate hearing about anyone else's experiences :) thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

My invitation took about 3 weeks, i supplied the information almost immediately and the actual visa took maybe a week. I'd say about 5 weeks in total. That was back in january

Advertisement