Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple weekend trips

Options
  • 25-08-2016 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭

I just had a thought about doing a few weekend trips aways to different cities/countries.
    Fly out Friday evening and return Sunday for back to work on Monday and repeat the next weekend.

I've no idea where I'd like to go is there a site that lists flights available a week before or something like that?
    So like I'd go to the site on Monday and fly out Friday and then go to the site and the next Monday each weekend a new little adventure.

I'd be traveling on my own not sure if it'd be better to plan or just wing it.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I'd say: check all the direct routes from your local airport (it is Shannon ?);
    for a week-end trip I am personally not fond of stop-overs, which extend the travelling time and eat on the time spent at the destination.
    Then list the destinations you would like to see first.
    Then check Skyscanner for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

You could use Skyscanner.ie to help figure out your flights. There is an option to select 'Everywhere' as your destination and it will give you a list of prices for all destinations.

Once you select a city, I believe you can filter on the flight time, for example get it to only show flights after 6pm on Friday. There might be better website though.

Alternatively, just check the list of departures scheduled for your airport on their website.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

otnomart wrote:
    I'd say: check all the direct routes from your local airport (it is Shannon ?); for a week-end trip I am personally not fond of stop-overs, which extend the travelling time and eat on the time spent at the destination. Then list the destinations you would like to see first. Then check Skyscanner for prices.

Yep its Shannon never actually thought of doing that will have a look later thanks

lc180 wrote:
    You could use Skyscanner.ie to help figure out your flights. There is an option to select 'Everywhere' as your destination and it will give you a list of prices for all destinations.

Thanks will have a look Skyscanner later

Advertisement