Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environment, renewable energy.

Options
  • 25-08-2016 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Environmental, Renewable energy industry.
    Hey all, I'm looking for a change of Carrer. I'm particularly interested in working to improve the environment. I know that's a broad description but has anyone any good ideas on how to presue this.

I have a business degree so I'm not too keen on spending four more years in college. I wouldn't mind a one year or online course if it meant I had a high probability of doing something I was passionate about.

Money isn't really important and would be happy to take a pay cut if it meant I was happy(obviously I don't aim to be poor)

Any help, suggestions, experiences shared would be extremely helpful, I told my current employers I'll let them no on September the 1st if I plan to leave or not.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be worth looking at getting in to the area of Planning too, lots of positive environmental impacts with good planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

There's been a lot of talk about converting Moneypoint power station from coal to biomass - maybe there'd be something there!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

I managed a large waste water treatment plant in Scotland and now I am back in Ireland. There are a lot of jobs being advertised and more too come.

Check out the websites for these company's. You will at least be able to see the type of roles on offer and get a base to start from.

Irish Water
    Veolia
    Glen aqua
    Celtic Anglian Water
    EPA
    indaver

For someone with a business degree there are lots of options. You could get into the commercial aspect of water and waste water treatment, All waste businesses need to promote their services - Check with indaver waste. They take hazardous waste and process/export.

A technical administration role within any of these areas will give you lots of exposure and help you with your decision. Good job too.

Advertisement