Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to start archery

Options
  • 24-08-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi folks,,

i want to take take up archery but dont know a while lot about it ie the best bow to buy for a first timer..

1 the best bow to buy

2 the best place to learn ie a club or just self practice.

3 can i go hunting with a bow

4 do i need all the equipment like sights and stablizers.

thanks you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

seanmc608 wrote: »
    hi folks,,

i want to take take up archery but dont know a while lot about it ie the best bow to buy for a first timer..

1 the best bow to buy

2 the best place to learn ie a club or just self practice.

3 can i go hunting with a bow

4 do i need all the equipment like sights and stablizers.

thanks you

Hey its great your interested and are asking for advice before starting off. Heres the answers to your questions :)

1. There is no best bow overall. Its the best one suited to your needs and abilities. If you buy a powerful bow you risk injuring yourself.
    2. Id suggest going to a club and doing a beginners course, they will lend you the equipment and then help you decide what kind of equipment to buy based on your initial ability.
    3. Its illegal to go hunting in Ireland and many countries with a bow. It is legal in places like america but theres no point until you gain sufficient skill.
    4. Usually a bow will come with a sight, stabilisers not that important for a beginner, they can be added on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 barney1

Beginers course at a local club will answer all your questions. Dont buy anything untill you have done a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

You can check out the Archery Ireland website to find a club that is local to you.

http://archery.ie/clubs/

There are other organisations too but this is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanmc608

hi folks thanks for all your messages and i am in the middle of signing up to a club.. thanks again folks.

Advertisement