Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota main dealers

Options
  • 24-08-2016 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

I am thinking of upgrading my car to a new Toyota so off I went to a few Toyota garages, the first two I went into and not one person came anywere near me to ask if they could help with anything, eventhough I ask at reception if a sales person was free. What is it with toyota delers, I know sales are up but to not even bother with customers that walk through the door who are look to buy a car. I went to a ford dealer to get information on the new ford cars and as soon as I walked into the sales office I was asked if I need any help. Toyota dealers maybe you could learn a bit from your compeditors in how to deal with the public. If someone walks into the sales room they are almost certainly interested in one of your cars. Business must be so good in the Toyota dealers that they are as arrogant as in the boom times, they just look at you and walk away and before someone says that they must have been dealing with other customers in both dealers there was no one in the show room just a few people kicking tyres outside, and so called sales reps talking to each other in the show rooms. Anyway just wondering if anyone else had any similar issues when trying to buy a car. its not the first time I had this issue with Toyota dealers, and yes they were main car dealers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Im the opposite way around to you.
    I actually prefer to have a walk around garages without salesmen hounding you.
    If i find something i like or want to ask a question about then i find someone.
    There are a lot of people like me who window shop and prefer to be left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

I think sales men are taking a step back from what they used to be, with the hard sell, letting people brouse etc. Me personally I like to examine a car and not have someone in my ear while I am doing it. I understand where you are coming from...I want to buy a car not be sold it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I am thinking of upgrading my car to a new Toyota so off I went to a few Toyota garages, the first two I went into and not one person came anywere near me to ask if they could help with anything, eventhough I ask at reception if a sales person was free. What is it with toyota delers, I know sales are up but to not even bother with customers that walk through the door who are look to buy a car. I went to a ford dealer to get information on the new ford cars and as soon as I walked into the sales office I was asked if I need any help. Toyota dealers maybe you could learn a bit from your compeditors in how to deal with the public. If someone walks into the sales room they are almost certainly interested in one of your cars. Business must be so good in the Toyota dealers that they are as arrogant as in the boom times, they just look at you and walk away and before someone says that they must have been dealing with other customers in both dealers there was no one in the show room just a few people kicking tyres outside, and so called sales reps talking to each other in the show rooms. Anyway just wondering if anyone else had any similar issues when trying to buy a car. its not the first time I had this issue with Toyota dealers, and yes they were main car dealers.

I bought a new Toyota this year and in all 4 of the dealers I was approached and asked if I needed help. If you need a recommendation in Dublin then let me know.

Advertisement