Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda stream rsz insurance refusals

Options
  • 22-08-2016 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I recently bought one of these but it seems I'm up against a brick wall trying to get insurance Rang about 10 plus companies and all said my reg is not on their system ,its only newly registered in Ireland ,can anyone shed any light on this or anyone had the same problem its 2008 1.8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Samred wrote: »
    I recently bought one of these but it seems I'm up against a brick wall trying to get insurance Rang about 10 plus companies and all said my reg is not on their system ,its only newly registered in Ireland ,can anyone shed any light on this or anyone had the same problem its 2008 1.8

Was it imported from the uk or beyond?

That could be the issue.

It dont think it would fall into the usual "jap import" bracket but insurers are wary about taking on non standard / uncommon cars.

In the event of a claim it can be difficult to replace them or to source replacement parts for repairs.

You can always go down the route of using the declined cases agreement but that means generally higher than normal terms and often restricted cover so I'd try and avoid it if you can.

Try ringing insurers directly rather than brokers or web quotes.

How does everything else stack up - your licence, bonus, claims experience?

Do you currently hold an insurance policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Insurance companies will have a staff member who can match it to similar car grouping. Probably link it to the 2.0ltr version on their system and may add special terms loading to vehicle. They normally issue a letter stating car matched with Honda 'xyz' as statement of fact may just say 'other'

New modern cars are brought from Japan all the time , so there normally keep on top of the trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Samred

Got sorted in the end thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Got sorted in the end thanks

Who with out of interest?

Chiorino wrote: »
    Who

• Advertisement

With zurich through campion insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

With zurich through campion insurance
    Was that with Zurich in Ireland or another EU state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

I'm presuming its Ireland as I live here. Anyhow I dont think an Irish resident can get insured outside Ireland or can we ?

Thanks. There is a case of a guy in Kildare getting insured by Zurich (in Germany) through a broker here.

http://www.kildarenow.com/news/man-residing-in-co-kildare-border-forced-to-source-car-insurance-in-germany-due-to-irelands-high-prices/97941

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭john64

Hi
    i bought 2008 rsz about 6 months ago.
    jap imported and newly registered here when i got it.
    a lot of insurers did not accept my reg number as their database excluded jap imports.
    Got insured with An post.
    the exact model was not on their site but they did accept the reg number.
    Just call them on fone instead of trying to do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

I'm resurecting the thread. Over a year pased since last post, coud you guys please share your experience with insuring 2007 or 2008 Honda Stream RSZ?
    I'm very tempted to buy one of them, but I holding my horses till I can be 100% sure I get reasonable insurance.
    So far none of online quotes I tried (123, axa, alianze, chill, over25...) is recognizing the reg I'm puting. and 1.8 doesn't appear under selection criteria. It's either 1.7 or 2.0 which are the previous generation Streams engines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭john64

hi,
    i bought one 2 years ago.
    Last autumn i took insurance with aviva direct.
    Ring them up, don't use web quotes as they don't give results for jap imports even with irish reg plates.
    Even if their screens don't list this exact car, they will give a quote.
    good luck.

john64 wrote: »
    hi,
    Ring them up, don't use web quotes as they don't give results for jap imports even with irish reg plates.
    good luck.

Thanks John!
    So far I managed to get two quotes calling, both around 1650 eur (Briton and Post) which is above my sanity level. I'll try Aviva, aespecialy that yesterday I got my NCB letter from Chill and it's 3 years instead of 1 year I was thinking. They must have calculated my previous 4 years named driver experience as 2 years NCB and add it in top of last year my own insurance.

What are your impressions of RSZ? How its driving, performing? Is the automatic gear box nice?

john64 wrote: »
    hi,
    good luck.

John, I owe you :)
    I've got quote from Aviva direct for 885 eur with my 3 years NCB and wife as named driver (both EU driving license, clean, no points or claims).
    Honda stream is back to game for next car :)
    For anybody interested Aviva compared it to HONDA FR-V to refer quote.

Advertisement