Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Location of fuel filter in a 2005 1.8SE Volvo V50

Options
  • 22-08-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Any chance does anybody know where the fuel filter is in a 2005 1.8SE Volvo V50.

I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I presumed it would be at the rear on the fuel tank side. Ive opened up one of the plastic panels there underneath the car, couldn’t get it off completely because of a plastic clip that wouldn’t seem to budge, but i got a torch up there and couldn’t see anything.

Any Ideas??

Any help much appreciated as always!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

It still doesn’t tell me where it is on my car. I know how to change the filter alright, i just can’t find the bloody thing :)

Cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

How about in line along the underside of the car (usually up around the drivers door ) It's a common enough place on a lot of German cars anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

Cheers, Il have a look there later on and see if i can see it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If this is a petrol car is the filter even a service part, maybe it is located in the tank and not meant to be replaced. My Laguna is like that - filter is in the tank and is integrated with the fuel pump assembly. The car has done 300k miles and the filter has never been changed.

Whereas on the diesel version the filter is located under the bonnet and is a service item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

There is no external fuel filter on the 1.6/1.8 S40/V50/C30 family.
    Only certain markets had this option.

Advertisement