Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed - HTC One M8 airplane mode stuck on turning off

Options
  • 22-08-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Noticed the M8 had no coverage yesterday and first thought it was a network issue Until i noticed the battery dropping like a rock and the phone almost becoming too hot to hold. I then noticed in settings that airplane mode was grayed out and stuck displaying "turning off".

Had a look online after trying everything, restart, hard reset, back to factory settings, sim out, etc. Seems to be a known issue and some people had luck with flashing boot.img from nandroid for stock rom.

The phone is not rooted. And i tried to find guides to flash the above but no success.

Has anybody come across this issue before? Or got a guide for how to flash this boot.img? Would the phone need to be rooted for that? It's S-On.

Alternatively, i don't mind bringing it to a repair store that maybe sort it out. Any recommendations for such a store in Dublin? I know there are a lot of cowboys out there.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi,

Noticed the M8 had no coverage yesterday and first thought it was a network issue Until i noticed the battery dropping like a rock and the phone almost becoming too hot to hold. I then noticed in settings that airplane mode was grayed out and stuck displaying "turning off".

Had a look online after trying everything, restart, hard reset, back to factory settings, sim out, etc. Seems to be a known issue and some people had luck with flashing boot.img from nandroid for stock rom.

The phone is not rooted. And i tried to find guides to flash the above but no success.

Has anybody come across this issue before? Or got a guide for how to flash this boot.img? Would the phone need to be rooted for that? It's S-On.

Alternatively, i don't mind bringing it to a repair store that maybe sort it out. Any recommendations for such a store in Dublin? I know there are a lot of cowboys out there.

Thanks for your help.
    Try a factory reset before shellling out money to a repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Try a factory reset before shellling out money to a repair shop.

Sorry that's what i meant by back to factory settings. Literally tried every option available in terms of what can be done from the phone without messing with changing roms or hooking up to a laptop. Same problem exists when it starts back up.

Advertisement